Stop Me If You've Heard This One


So, I was searching through the archives for some reason, and I realized I couldn't find this recipe posted anywhere.  Which is odd because I make it 3-4 times a month.  Every time I make it, I don't shoot photos or even think about posting it because I was sure it was already here.  And if it is, I am sorry for the repeat.  But if not I didn't want you to miss out because this is so tasty.  And so so easy to customize, the possibilities are endless.  Truth be told, I don't know if we have EVER had the EXACT same version of this dish, because I usually don't measure and I change up the dressing ingredients to suit what we have on hand/what sounds good that day.

This recipe makes A LOT.  So be prepared to feed a crowd.  Or don't because the leftovers are great, and can be eaten hot or cold.  It is easily adjustable to any dietary style, before being vegan I would add cooked chicken and blue cheese crumbles and didn't have the garbanzos.  When hubby was eating vegan with me, I added the garbanzos to up the protein/fiber/full factor for him.  Now I love it with the beans!  Another great thing to do if you are feeding a crowd would be to have any components that people didn't like served in bowls on the side, that way people can add what they want and everyone is happy!


The mix ins are chilling together, capers, garbanzos, artichoke hearts, kalamatas, and sun dried tomatoes on this occasion.  Any bean you like would do, I think cannellinis and adzukis would be especially great!


Sarah's Pasta
Serves 6-8
1/2 box of whole wheat noodles
1 jar artichoke hearts (I recommend the tasty packed in seasoned oil kind)
1/2 jar (8.5 ounce) of sun dried tomatoes (again oil packed kind is best)
Large handful of kalamatas
1/4 cup capers
1 can garbanzo beans
2 ounces slivered almonds
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons mango butter (any jam you like!)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or champagne, or raspberry, etc)
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
sprinkle of crushed red pepper
sprinkle of cayenne pepper (I usually use Penzey's Bangkok spice - I'm addicted)
salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons oil from sun dried tomatoes
2 Tablespoons liquid from artichoke hearts
2 Tablespoons olive oil

Cook pasta according to package directions.  In the meantime, in a large bowl combine garbanzos and capers.  Dice up artichoke hearts and kalamatas and add to the bowl.  I usually buy the already julienned sun dried tomoatoes, so you can just throw these in, but if you have larger pieces, you will want to dice these and add to the bowl.

In a smaller bowl, combine mustard, mango butter, vinegar, Italian seasoning, red pepper, cayenne pepper, and some salt and pepper.  Taste and adjust seasoning as you feel appropriate.  Whisk in both oils and artichoke liquid, taste again and adjust seasoning as appropriate.

When pasta is finished, drain and add to garbanzo mixture.  Toss to combine.  Pour dressing over the pasta mixture and again toss to combine.  Toast slivered almonds and sprinkle over the bowl.  Serve and enjoy!

I mix the seasonings up frequently, using garlic powder often, sometimes chopped red onion.  Fresh herbs if I have em.  I like to use the oils from the jars as they already have some seasoning.  Feel free to cut down on the dressing amount if you see fit.  Try other nuts to top, the possibilities are endless!

Hope you enjoy!

0 Response to "Stop Me If You've Heard This One"

Poskan Komentar