(Sweet) Potato Ole!



Well hello there:)  I have missed you.  And I do apologize for my absence.  I love this blog and I love connecting with all of you.  And it's MoFo!  I had set a goal to post every day of MoFo this year.  But the thing about this blog is, I love doing it.  I don't want it to ever be a chore or something that stresses me out.  This past week was stress to the max.  And while I would stare longingly at the computer, I knew that if I worried about it too much, or if I lost sleep to stay up and post, that would make me sad and resentful.  And I want to be joyous and to chat with you all about delicious food:)  So here goes:

The topic is sweet potatoes.  And how much I love them.  Growing up, I used to pretty much associate them with being marshmallow covered on Thanksgiving.  For whatever reason, I didn't really like them.  Oh how the times have changed:)  They have become one of my very favorite foods.  And while this is the best time of year for them, I actually found this recipe to feel summery to me.  I'm thinking back yard fiesta, if I had a back yard... :)

This is another recipe from Pampered Chef, great job with the new cookbook guys:)  I served it up with some black beans that were heated with some sauteed onion and garlic, mixed with black bean dip from Trader Joe's, and adjusted the seasoning to my liking with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili flake, cumin, and oregano.

I have not experimented yet with a lot of cheez sauce making, and I do think this would be nice here.  I just sprinkled on the nooch, cause you know, it's tasty:)


Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Serves 6-8
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
4-5 cloves garlic, diced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon cumin
8 oz vegan cream cheese
handful nooch (about 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups enchilada sauce
12-16 corn tortillas

Preheat oven to 400.  Combine diced sweet potato, bell pepper, and onion.  Heat olive oil in pan.  Add corn and cook covered for 2 minutes.  Add the rest of the veggies, garlic, and cumin.  Cook covered for about 5 minutes, until sweet potato is tender.

In another bowl, combine vegan cream cheese and nooch.  Add half to potato mixture.  Add cilantro and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and stir to combine.

Nuke tortillas 1-2 minutes until softened and warm.  Spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a your baking pan (9x13.)  Divide filling amongst tortillas, roll them up, and place seam side down in the baking dish.  Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas.  Dollop remaining cream cheez mixture over the top.  Sprinkle with more nooch if desired.

Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and enjoy!

0 Response to "(Sweet) Potato Ole!"

Poskan Komentar